Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The day I saw a hermit crab switch shells.

One day when I was spending the night at my uncle's dream camp in Maine I went down the path to the tide pools. There were starfish and lots of hermit crabs. Then I saw one that was picking shells up, looking at them, and tossing them away. After a long time when the tide was coming up the hermit crab found a shell. Then the most amazing thing happened! The hermit crab took its shell off and plopped itself into the one it had found! The amazing thing was that I finally got to see what a hermit crab looked like inside its shell. It had a curled end so it could curl itself into its shell. It also had a big claw to block the entrance. Maybe you can find something cool.

                    
                                                                                                                                        Makayla

No comments:

Post a Comment